Pages

Wednesday 17 August 2016

Interactions with students

One of my favourite parts of my job is having interactions with students, either face-to-face or through other means. During the school holidays I received the following email and it made my smile. It also demonstrates that some of the children in my class feel safe enough to share details about their life with me, share problems and trust that I won't share it and will support her.


Chloe

20 Jul
to me
thank you so much for teaching me😺. All so sophie has been mean to me😿.but this term I will try to be nice to her and not be mean to😊.I hope she will be like that toπŸ€”.All so I like xavier and richie but just as friend.but not πŸ˜ πŸ˜˜ πŸ’‘πŸ˜». Ok πŸ‰πŸπŸ’

Sharon Spragg sharon.spragg@yaldhurst.school.nz

24 Jul
to Chloe
Hi Chloe,

Thank you for lovely email. It sounds like you have done some good thinking around Sophie and I will try and help you and her become better friends. 

See you tomorrow,
Mrs Spragg

Chloe 

15 Aug (2 days ago)
to me
thank you mrs spragg i feel πŸ˜ΊπŸ˜‡


Reflection & Next Steps: Some children feel comfortable sharing. Provide more opportunities for the students to engage with me in different ways and to work out how those that don't feel so connected are able to find ways of sharing with me. Remember to give those students 2 minutes of myself each day.






No comments:

Post a Comment